Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Puppy Power

These last few days I have been looking after a little puppy by the name of Lulu and I have to say that she was an amazing puppy. As far as puppies go she is definitely better then a few of them I have had but she is still a puppy after all. Being a puppy includes stuff like not wanting to go to sleep, always wanting to play with anything including stinky shoes, and then barking whenever someone isn't paying attention. For the most part this was a normal behaving puppy who was quick to learn how to walk on a leash as well as not being too hyper. She absolutely loved anyone that came into contact with her and I seriously enjoyed going on runs through the night with her to get her ready to go to bed. Lulu is a Great Pyrenees and Boxer mix and she was one of the most adorable puppies I have seen ever. All in all a positive experience with everything tying up nice and happy in the end.

On other news within English class I have been studying mythology. Greek Mythology to be precise. I honestly enjoy it a bunch and here soon were going to be going over the Odyssey but before we get to that we each have to do a report on a Greek God or Goddess. I have already done mine and as far as I can tell I did pretty darn well. I had to do one of the gods I did not want to do at all and that happened to be Hestia.  If you don't know who Hestia is then that's fine since I didn't know for the longest time either because she is a rather obscure god but a direct sibling of Zeus. She is the god of Hearth and Home and she has only one story or myth about her that isn't a fact. To be precise even unexplained events that link to her aren't even explained in a myth with her. The reason behind this is that she is content to sit up at Olympus and do little to nothing. This means that along with being one of the 3 virgin goddesses she literally has no connection to anyone at Earth whatsoever. In all not an easy person to write about and even had to resort to taking some facts about her and turning them into what seemed to have been a pretty accurate myth all from her perspective. A really fun project but it took quite a bit of work to get into proper shape.

I'm on a happy streak today so lets keep that going with the fact that I'm halfway through my punishment. I think that it went by pretty fast so far and it has done me some good to be away from the computers. Of course my friends might disagree but at the moment their disagreements are not really my concern. With the lack of computer focus I barely hop on the computer at all to do anything except for blog and some homework every once in a while. I also have had time to do other things like get A LOT of reading in.  and I do mean a lot. I have currently gone through at least 8 over 300 pg. books within the last couple of weeks which helps me think more clearly and makes it easier to be away from the computer. I have easily read over 1000 pgs. within these last couple of weeks and I also believe as I have said before this punishment is necessary and it helps a lot more then it hurts much like going to bed is better for people but that doesn't mean that they do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment