Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Teacher Dilemma

I have this really awesome teacher at the moment by the name of Mr. Schasteen. He is currently teaching my English class and has helped us go through the Odyssey so far. He will be with us for the rest of the year but sadly he won't be with us come the end of the year. You see he is a long term substitute and an awesome one at that. He has made English fun so that even people that don't exactly like him seem to enjoy the class to a decent degree. He even has appropriate lessons to go with everything so as a reward for finishing the Odyssey we all sit down and watch O Brother Where Art Thou. I know it sounds like an odd movie but it is almost a complete homage to the original Odyssey. In other words a really cool teacher. I'm kinda sad to see the end of the year come up because there is no way of telling if he will manage to get a job at the school like he wants to do. Either way I wish the best of luck for him.

On a lighter note I seem to be doing really good within Physical Science at the moment. The reason behind this is because the class is leaning much more towards Physics at the moment. If I haven't said it before I used to study Physics on the side of school while I was interested in trying to make my own black hole. I even bought my own textbook to work out of but was unprepared for the thing since I didn't know most of the math that was required. I ended up not following my goals due to my lack of knowledge and my hatred for math in the end but I have retained a good chunk of the knowledge that went into all of this so I'm doing really well within my class and has even reignited my old interests within the study of the basic laws of the universe.

School is almost done and over with for all you out there that don't know. In fact it is literally 21 days left today. It is almost scary to think of the EOC's that are literally just around the corner. I'm ready for them to come but knowing how close it is doesn't help me at all. I mean seriously there is very little to look forward to as far as EOC's other than the end of the school year has come and its onto next year for you. Not much else to say really since its a dreaded experience remembered by all.



No comments:

Post a Comment