Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What an "Odd" Story

Right now in my English class I kinda have a leg up on everyone. You see we are going over a very specific book that I think everyone has at least heard of so far. This book isn't exactly a book but more like an Epic Poem by the name of the Odyssey. Way before home schooling I have already gone over and read as close to the original as I could along with the Iliad. Because of this I already know exactly all of the parts of the story which gives me a slight unfair advantage as far as my grades. I'm honestly just happy to still be going over classics and mythology because I enjoy both of these areas immensely.

In the same class though it seems that the teacher really likes having me there. I think this is because we have more then a few things in common including the fact that we both appreciate English, he games, he obviously enjoys comics. In his words he is a nerd and this has never been a bad thing. I really enjoy having him as a teacher as he stays on task as well as relating to the other kids in class because he is still in his 20's and making sure he everyone understands everything. He is an all around awesome teacher but it is sad for me to say he is only my long term substitute. I would love to see him teach full time on a steady pay check in the school because he is an amazing teacher. Still there does not seem to be an opening for him there so I guess he'll be gone at some time at the end of the year.

I really love school projects and they seem to be coming up quite a bit lately. For example there is the project about researching the Greek gods but now I have a different one in Personal Wellness that is racking my brain for me. Despite it being such an easy class this assignment makes me happy with the challenge it presents. You see we have to come up with 10 of our most important values in life and then turn them in as a PowerPoint. We get extra credit if we present and I won't be passing that up but this little assignment means that much more. It shows what you truly care about in life and what means the most to you. It sounds so simple but what things mean to me seems to elude me when I think about it. Because of this I edit and edit hoping that things go well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment