Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Love For Literature.

As many of you might know I absolutely love to read and I guess now I will have plenty of time to do so. The reason for this is that I ended up in another slight bit of trouble which leaves me slightly upset but partially relieved. You see I managed to miss another session with Leif and this has lead to the rights for my computer being taken away again. This is definitely my punishment but I can't argue with it. This costs everyone around me something including me. This costs the parents trust, Leif's time, and my education which means that while some other kids my age might take this as something small I feel like this is more then enough of a punishment that I lose my computer privileges for a while. This will not stop me from posting anything but you can believe that I will be at least a little bitter ,but who am I to complain. I now have more time then I know what to do with. This will allow me to pursue any hobby I wish without the computer standing in between me and my goal or objective.

Following on my path for literature I finally got around to watching the movie adaption for the Book Thief which is yet again another good transference of the story to the big screen. Sadly I do have my complaints and that is all in the end. If you plan to continue reading this paragraph from here you might want to go and read the Book Thief and watch the movie first to understand what I am saying and for the rest of you there is definitely some spoilers so continue at your own pace or just move onto the the third paragraph. The full ending of the movie where Max comes back into Leisel's world after disappearing for about 3 years isn't exactly good in my opinion. This is not true to the book by all rights and does not convey the story that it was designed to pass on. I understand that they needed to make it so that people would actually go and watch the movie but it is not their movie but her book and by changing the movie you convey a story that does not exist. Max was never seen again by Leisel which this may seem like some kid ranting by the keyboard but this is important because it shows the tragedy of what happened and to distort the story and truth that sprang forth in her words seems like they were only there for money and not for the story that is conveyed. Alright. I had to get that out of the way since that is one of the main parts that bothered me. I understand omitting the stuff from the movie for the sake of being able to tell the whole story but adding in one part like that just isn't right. For the most part just watch until the part where everyone else dies and there is the real story. That may sound dark and gloomy but that's how the book was made and how it ended. That is definitely why they expanded the story into a happy ending but from the perspective of a person who enjoyed the book I will say you aren't getting the real story if you continue past that part.

I also before I even attempt to wrap up the whole blog I have to say thank you to a certain celebrity from the food network channel. Cole Malouin from Rachael vs. Guy cook off kids edition decided to come to my little blog and comment on my post known as Wrapping up a Series. The link is there for anyone who hasn't read the post or needs a refresher because I certainly did. I have to say thank you for recognizing that little old me exists out here and that I appreciate that you enjoyed it. I loved you on the show and despite not knowing how to cook properly myself I know good food when I see it and trust me you need to keep cooking because without kids like you there won't be anymore good food left in the world. What little that counts for I still have to say keep up the good work and you are definitely not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment