Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Partially Free

Recently I have gotten into quite a bit of trouble for me that is. I have not been shirking off my tutoring with Lief but I have not been attending them either which is not going well for me. Due to missing 4/6 of the tutorings with Leif I have gotten into some trouble and had my computer rights revoked for the last couple of days. I'm terribly sorry for abusing Leif's time and I payed the price for it because while losing my computer does not sound like much to anyone else there is more punishment internally for me than there is over the thought of losing my computer. I feel like I have let down my parents and because of this I get to feeling all guilty and this leads me to punishing myself more then the parents could ever do in the end. If Leif is reading this then I feel like I must say sorry here as well as when I see you on Monday.

Other then my problems with tutoring, things are doing fairly well in school. Starting off my school based discussion is the fact that I am a signature away from truly being apart of the A+ program. I know that many people don't know what this is since there is only 3 states in America that even use this program but I love it. The overall idea is as an incentive for graduating you get a scholarship depending on the school that you go to. This is amazing to me as this helps pay for at least the first 2 years of school allowing me to make the money to pay off anything for the next two years and receive a complete college education! On top of all of this the requirements are easy enough which makes me that much more excited. This is because despite how awesome this system is there isn't much stopping me from getting this scholarship at the moment. There will definitely be several hurdles that I must jump but in the end the pros outweigh the cons.

To wrap all of this up I'm currently out looking into Summer school. There is a legit reason for this as well. Since I gained no credit for doing any work in home school I need to make up those 4 different missing credits in some way or another. The easiest option at the moment is to either join a club or do some Summer school classes. I'll still be doing both but I need to catch up on my credits sooner then later so Summer school it is. I also don't mind getting all of my credits out of the way early either as it won't hurt me and extra credits within school help in the long run. Next I'm considering getting a job here soon. The reason is that I am almost old enough ( 15 1/2 years old ) to start applying for jobs. The jobs may not be fantastic but they work and many are within bike riding distance. I need to get a recommendation from my councilor and then I can start building a resume among other things to start making some money. I know that when I start getting into the job market a lot of my free time will be eaten up but this comes around either way and I'm willing to accept this. All in all this is going to lead down this path unless I decided to make some iffy decisions. .

No comments:

Post a Comment