Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Growing Pains: Take 2

It's amazing how fast things can move within the course of a week. Since I last wrote in my blog I managed to accomplish something that I thought would take ages to do. I managed to get a job. This places me as the first kid in my family to get a job and leads me on the path to start getting the car off of the parents. I will be working at Chili's like I said that I would and I'm so stoked and yet, at the same time, I'm kind of sad as well. This is my contract into being somewhat responsible with my life. I now have more than just my family who rely on me now  on a day to day basis. All I can do is take it slowly and make sure the job is done right. I was going to say something about hoping for the best but if I'm busy hoping for things to be done than nothing is going to get done.

On top of this, I have obtained the ability to drive on a full motorcycle for the first time. Meaning that I could take my dad's Harley at the age of 16 and drive it downtown for fun. In theory of course. My dad might kill me if I took his Harley out for a joyride without his permission. Instead I'm thinking of getting a Kawasaki type motorcycle when I have the money. It will be cheaper to get around on, a lot more fun, and strangely for me, it seems to be less nerve racking than any car that I have driven in my short amount of time. Strange I know.

Now I can't forget the most pressing issue of the moment. The Holiday season. Personally, my family celebrates Christmas and no matter what it looks like. Despite this being one of the "Happiest seasons of all" it is also one of the most stressful. The organizing for both sides of the family, the gift shopping, the making sure that everyone can attend, and the over the top dinner. Some people find Christmas the best and jump all over it with the lights strewn around the house and some holly over the doorway, but my dad's side of the family isn't quite like this. We don't have the tree or anything like that and instead focus on the gifts, dinner and most importantly family. Still, One of the hardest times of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment