Thursday, January 2, 2014

Rolling Drowzy

Today is my first time in forever that I have had to wake up on time for a public school schedule. I remember quite clearly now exactly why I don't like it. Its the waking up early and feeling like not wanting to get out of bed. I sleep on the top bunk of the bed so there is really no getting back in bed after you get back up so I can't turn on the light and wait for myself to wake up. Instead I have to sit up, jump down to the floor, turn off my alarm, and then get ready immediately. I admit this improves my time out the door and makes sure I'm on time. The problem is though that I'm extremely grumpy in the morning no matter what the situation is. Even when I actually eat breakfast I just don't want to wake up in the morning.

Other then the family getting back into school routine the weather outside is saying that we need to all freeze. I love the cold a lot but its in the negatives over here at the moment and thats not including the wind chill. I think that the worst part is though that despite the cold it brought some snow but not enough to do anything with. We could try to sled in it but you can see the grass. We could barely make some snowballs but not enough or fast enough for it to be fun. With that being the case its also good to mention that this is the dry snow where it has frozen completely and does not stick together. This snow makes me sad because with snow like this and time I could barely make a small snowman.

I can say that despite today that yesterday was awesome. You see we cleaned up the little bit of the house that needed cleaning and then waited for the family to start arriving. We had finger food together as we all chatted casually in the living room. No Fireworks sadly but I think of those being mainly for the 4th of July. The cousins and I later on went downstairs and played around or worked on making some blankets. Those blankets were a pain in the neck to make but they turned out well in the end. The week hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be after Christmas but now its time to get back onto school schedule times or else the actual days in school will be that much harder to endure.


No comments:

Post a Comment