Monday, January 6, 2014

Hammer Flop!

Honestly today kinda sucked because I managed to screw up pretty badly. Alright first off today was supposed to be the day that I went back to school but due to negative degree temperatures they closed down the schools. Because of this I was supposed to go over to Hammerspace and finish up my Nerf gun project before school started. Honestly it was supposed to be done before now and even then it was supposed to be done before break. Lets go over how things went wrong shall we?

Starting off this morning I woke up at 6:00 and started doing a mock build of my gun and packing my stuff up. Simple stuff to get ready for the building process. I start building and then I realize that one of the pieces is 1/2 an inch off the required specs. I was instantly furious and in my anger I forgot to grab the last of the parts that I needed. You can probably see the problem here. This means that I was not prepared to even try to do a proper mock build over at Hammerspace. The part that was off was pretty early in the build process making it fairly important to the whole thing.

In other words my day turned quickly from an unexpected day off to an unwelcome headache. Same difference on some days but usually not this bad. Still could have ended worse. I have the part coming in here soon and I'll probably be double checking all of my parts this week to make sure that I have all of the parts exactly how I need them. Who knows if there is one piece thats flawed what about the others. Also if I overlooked that one maybe I'm missing an entire part due to my negligence. Both possibilities and could easily happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment