Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The end of the year.

While many people think there is only one year to end each year every kid out there will simultaneously say that there is going to be 2. One being the school year and the other being January 1st and December 30th. This also might just be a "wooptie-doo" moment for a lot of parents as now they have to deal with their kids over the summer but for kids everywhere we rejoice at the end of the school year. My year is definitely almost over but can't be over yet. This is because my teachers thought it would be really interesting to put all of the finals on tomorrow and Friday and Friday isn't even a whole day. I don't have much to look forward too but by golly I'm going to make sure that I have an awesome summer as there won't be very much more after this one where I can say I had all the time in the world to do nothing.

Sadly year after year I have made sure that my Summers were free and unburdened. Well this seemed to create a predicament in my head. You see I'm old enough at this moment to attempt to start getting a job. I don't know about you but I have done very little over the Summer and I don't know what I will do. I do know that I will at least be attempting to get a decent job even if it is just bagging groceries. This means though that I have not been using my summers very well in the past in my head since I don't have very many good memories to think back on through the summers. Not saying that I have bad memories but I don't know if that would be bad.

If you couldn't tell this Summer is going to be a major turning point for me and I hope that it will go well. I might get my permit over the summer, get a job, start saving money, and pretty soon be ready to be self sufficient. It is the one summer where things take a turn for better or for worse. I've never looked forward to summer for anything but swimming but now all of the cards are on the table and its my turn to make my plans see what I'm going to do with what I have been given. Am I going to deny what I have and breakdown or am I going to get things done and get ready for a better future? Only time will tell once again and its always in a foreign language.

No comments:

Post a Comment