Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Incoming!

I have to say that things are getting pretty darn close to the end of the year with only 10 days left in the year I am really interested to see how my first "year" ends here in Park Hill South. The "year" is because I haven't actually been going to school for a full year but you guys get the basic idea. Either way tomorrow we start the Finals and EOC testing schedule which is going to mess with things horribly. The new schedule will destroy times in classes for a while by taking 30 minutes from one class and then tacking it onto the other classes to get a solid 2 hours in one class and you only get 1 hour in the original classes. In other words you fall behind in one class while in the other one you are testing before your finals! It is chaos entirely and I think I heard that the grades for the year were being pulled today.

Along with my new things going on in school with the schedule change I am going over Shakespeare for the first time and honestly I'm doing alright despite my........dislike of most poetry. I find it hard for me to appreciate art work of just about any form. From poetry to paintings there is a lot of art in the world but I can't relate with any of them very easily. You may say that Shakespeare isn't art but it is pretty darn close to poetry so I'm going to count for my purposes and explanation. Poetry and me have had a rough history but I think I'm getting the hang of it lately but why not have a change in things. Shakespeare isn't that bad and its cool to read a little bit of Shakespeare to add to my list of authors.

I'm also seeing Leif again which is really nice and with his help we managed to do a crash course on all of my science curriculum in about 2 hours. I love it because seriously I learned more from him and then some than from my actual teacher in school. My Science teacher isn't that bad but I have to say Leif did a pretty good job. I still feel pretty bad about missing my meetings with him and I don't know how long it will take for me to get rid of that feeling as a bad thing but instead as another tool in my repertoire like all other experiences that we have. I won't forget but I hope to be able to make things work better this time around.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in kid! You will do great! Papa Mike

    ReplyDelete