Thursday, September 11, 2014

Friends Forgotten pt. 1

Today is very Important to the American people and of course many people all over the world for varying reasons. Just last night we had received a visit from an old family friend seeing him reminded me of how the friends I've had and have possibly lost throughout the ages. Not saying that they wouldn't remember me, but instead this entry on the internet is here to remind us of those we have drifted from that may have influenced our lives willingly or unwillingly. Lets begin down a trip through memory lane with some of the friends that have helped me throughout the ages.

The obvious one for me is my first friend whose name was Jack M. Jack M, because there will be two Jack's on this list. Anyway Jack M was an amazing kid and even if he has forgotten me he provided me with my first taste of friendship. I didn't actually meet him until 1st grade either which goes to show how lonely I was up till that point. It is him and all the fun times that we've had together that has given me my appreciation for having close friends and family. Without him I probably would have been miserable.

Up to bat now is the twins known as Brent and Logan. These two kids and me went back to the point where they were bullying me. I know how strange that sounds but bear with me. They started bullying me ages ago which got me onto my bad habits of revenge. Once again that sounds terrible, and yes it is, but here we go. After tricking them with some help from my dad they quickly began to leave me alone. It wasn't until about a month later after the trick that we ended up becoming friends. After that one day they didn't seem to do anything bad other than be really hyper kids.This helped me by allowing me to humanize even the people that seem mean or even cruel to us at first glance. With their help I can stop and think about why someone is that way before jumping to conclusions.

Next up is my first friend of this area I'm living in now. His name is Carson and he is without a doubt in my mind an extraordinary man. Carson is just one of those people that have that personality that you gravitate towards willingly or unwillingly. Carson was my rival for ages and I tried to beat him at everything but he was always one step ahead of me making extremely furious at times that I would always be outdone by him in just about every area. You win some you lose some. What did Carson teach me? He taught me how to fail and the benefits of having good friends. He was amazing as he surrounded himself with people that were just as smart as him. No bragging on my part since we have drifted apart since. Mostly due to the home schooling situation but you never really know.

Christopher was without a doubt another such genius. He was friends with Carson which is how I met Christopher. Chris has always been a whiz with math and cars. An engineering genius who knew far more than anyone of our small group combined on any one vehicle or electronic. Even then it was him who I give credit too for reminding me that friends are never as lost as you may first believe. The reason I say this is because I knew that he had been forced to go to a different school and even then we managed to find each other again over the inter webs on Google plus. Amazing stuff for me because without this he might have been another lost friend.

This is getting a little bit long so in order to make sure people don't lose interest half way through the article I'm going to start wrapping this up for the day. Remember those that you may have taken for granted and those small words that helped you carry on. One comment can change your life as I will demonstrate in pt. 2 of Friends Forgotten


No comments:

Post a Comment