Friday, January 16, 2015

The Epic Struggle

Hello everyone and welcome back. Despite the basis of this blog being based around home schooling, lately things have made a much steeper turn towards my new-found life in the working world. Lately things have become a juggling act of being able to keep up with my school work and the working world. I think that I have been doing very good of late since I haven't had another meltdown from the stress that I have become all to familiar with. A few small headaches and some really frustrating nights but nothing so horrible that I couldn't get over it with a good nights sleep.

On top of the average work load I need to keep up my debate within the school. I think debating is extremely fun and interesting as it requires you to go outside of your average comfort zone to go up against someone with conflicting ideals to yours. What other ways are you going to get that kind of adversity without traveling the world? The new resolution or idea for the Lincoln Douglas style of debate is whether or not minimum wage should be a living wage. Pretty convenient if you ask me. if you are considering my new job right before the subject. Either way, it will be really interesting to see people's opinion on whether or not it should be a living wage or not. I personally believe that it should be living for people over a certain age, but for someone my age who gets to save all of the money that he gets, no. It should be minimum wage for the average teenager looking for a job, but for the majority of people there should be some kind of security. Even if you work at Walmart.

Despite the new found responsibilities, it hasn't been that bad. I'm enjoying myself at least a little bit of late. The problem I find is the lack of time I have to do something in my free time due to other responsibilities. My weekends are not my own as well as my evenings and this was exactly what I was not looking forward to. I will get used to it, but it will not be done over night. I feel as if I've become ever distant from my friends as they continue to enjoy the time that they have and here I am trying to earn a paycheck. There is an obvious division in personality's between us in a good way, but lately it has been a little to noticeable for me. Things don't straighten themselves out, yet I don't even know if this a problem. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment