Saturday, June 29, 2013

First Tournament



Today I am going to skip the part where I apologize for not posting anything and hope to fix what I am doing wrong but since this has done nothing in the past lets move right into the Beef in this mighty burger that is my blog shall we. Today as you could tell was my first tournament in the ATA world and I left very proud of myself. Today I left with three different trophies. One trophy each category. The different categories are Form, Weapon, and sparring. I got a second place trophy for Weapon and a 3rd place trophy for sparring. To top it all off is that the only reason why I didn't get first in forms is because I tied with the other person and I screwed up the second time around with the moves. Well either way for a first time tournament I can't argue with at least one trophy earned and not to mention 3. If you want to dad has gotten some recordings of it all so even though it might be a little shaky at times it is still something to give you all an idea. Warning I sucked at sparring so be aware of this before watching. I am also the person facing the camera in the beginning in sparring.

Form
Weapon
Sparring


You might all remember my reading program where I have to read at least 4000 pages before the end of the year. Well I am absolutely decimating the system and I have read about 3200 pages so far and that has been withing the few weeks that I have known about my chain. Of course were going to have to make the chains much longer or rewards farther between since we have seen the how fast we can all read. I haven't read very much but I have taken a liking to a couple of Kristi's books from here Nook. The first one that got me started was Look Me In The Eyes which wasn't that bad so it got me started on the other 3 from them. The one I'm currently on which I have taken a break from is Raising Cubby. This is about An autistic dad raising his autistic son which has lead to some really fun stuff that they do together or separate.

Recently I got in contact with my mom and this has been a great chance for us both. I know I don't talk about my mom very much on this blog but despite this she has been extremely important in helping me be the person that I am now. She has been having some problems lately which has been keeping here from coming around and seeing us recently but we got in contact and set up a date to see each other and we got to have a great day of just hanging around and catching up. The main reason that made it so great is that we haven't really been seeing each other at all lately so it was fantastic to be able to sit down and talk. We got together for lunch and some movies at her house and while I'm not a big movie watcher it didn't matter because it was all really cool just to be with my mom again. We ate some Bratwursts which is a tradition over at my moms because we have some very heavy German background as well as a love for Brats in the family. We all love to gather at the grill in the family and talk on the Schmutzler side of the family. Even if there is nothing to talk about we can find something in the long run.



No comments:

Post a Comment